Village Kids educational program, for children 6 weeks through Pre-Kindergarten, follows the traditional academic school year and is based on learning through play.
Children master a series of developmental steps necessary for later success in school. These steps follow a sequence for intellectual development, and each child must be ready for the next step in the process for it to be meaningful. We use the High Reach Learning® combined with the Foundations curriculum for our Pre-K’s to prepare them for Kindergarten. Children are introduced to simple math, sight and focus words, telling time, proper writing skills, tying shoes as well as offering encouragement to be expressive through art.
Other components of our curriculum include:
- Baby Signs – Babies communicating long before they can talk!
- Early Reading Program – Our phonics lessons help many children read before they get to Kindergarten
- Handwriting – Our lessons will have your child writing their name and more. You child will feel at ease as they transition into Kindergarten writing lessons.
- “Hands-on” Math – Basic preschool math lessons come to life in our classrooms and activities
- Spanish – Current research shows that children 2 -12 years of age master a second language with an ease not seen in any other age groups. Our preschool Spanish classes lay the foundation during this distinct window of opportunity for the acquisition of another language.